When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the very first steps is of course, setting a budget and a date. Following that, it’s always fun to come up with a theme and part of that is choosing invitations for the wedding!
1. Organize your wedding theme around the season.
Did you know that different seasons bring different trends? If you haven’t noticed it by now, you will definitely be seeing it going forward. At the start of wedding season in the spring, everything is light and airy. Colors tend to trend around dainty pastels and blushes and continue like that through the summer. However, when fall comes around everyone’s temperament changes a little.
You start to dream of warm apple cider or pumpkin spice lattes by a bonfire, nights at a hometown football game, and soft sweaters. This feeling seeps into the trends we see at weddings! Today marks the official start to fall, and if you’ve been invited to many weddings, you’ve seen a lot of burgundy and gold wedding invitations.
2. Decide on a tone for your wedding.
Setting your tone for the wedding starts with the invites. The font you choose can either tell your guests to get their cocktail dresses out or to find their cowboy boots. In South Dakota, we are more likely to see the informal invites and laid-back weddings.
Here’s a perfect example of two different invites that set a different vibe for the wedding.
3. Pick a design or style of your invitations for the wedding.
Who would have thought that there are so many different options for invites and wedding stationary. Should you stick with the basic size and rectangular shape? Should the text be all matte? What about incorporating embossed or raised text to pull attention to certain sections? Or what about making the stationary all one piece!?
This design is crazy simple, and there’s less work in it for you! The seal and send design is insanely easy to personalize online and eliminates the nasty need for licking each invitation closed. Plus, check out the use of the deep burgundy fall theme while incorporating some lighter blush tones – stunning!
Think ahead. While today marks the start of fall, winter is right around the corner. Check out some of these designs and be sure to order your samples now!
About Basic Invite
Basic Invite provides an incredible service for all wedding clients and non-wedding clients alike. From free wedding websites to custom samples, a variety of more than 40 colors for envelopes alone, and more, Basic Invite has it all. Here are two of my favorite details that Basic Invite has to offer:
- Over 900 Wedding Invitation Sets – Each wedding invitation is part of a set. Included in each set is all the wedding stationery you need, like save the dates, wedding invitations, enclosure cards, wedding menus, wedding programs, and even matching thank you cards!
- Free Address Collection Service – Use our free address collection service to request your addresses with just three simple steps. Share a link via social media or email, collect addresses, and get free envelope printing.
–This blog is sponsored by Basic Invite–
GET MORE PLANNING TIPS AND WEDDING GUIDES!
Download my wedding freebies